Sunday, 24 January 2016

BOOK REVIEWS | Part 1

Hello everyone!

Now if there's one thing that I love doing a lot, it's reading. This year I don't think my handbag has ever not had a book in it. I read on my break at work, I read when I get in from work, I read in the mornings in bed with a cup of tea and I read before I go to bed, most days. Other places I wish I could read would include: when in the shower, whilst doing my make-up and hair, whilst eating dinner with a knife and fork and when driving. Sometimes I wish I caught the bus to work just so I could read and then funnily enough I'm really glad that I can drive and I would never, ever want to catch the bus ever again.

Today, whilst I take a break from reading (currently, The Scorch Trials by James Dashner), I thought I'd share with you, my reviews of some of the books I've read over the past couple of months and this is no where near all of them! Enjoy Part 1!

The Girl On The Train

by Paula Hawkins

I'd seen and heard a lot about this book before I actually bit the bullet and went to buy it (mine was from Waterstones) and it wasn't until I actually started reading I realised what the massive fuss was about. When I bought the book, the lady behind the till said to me "I hope you're not doing anything tomorrow because once you start reading you won't be able to stop. I finished reading this book at 3am, read it in one go and then had to get the kids up for school at 6." And she couldn't have been more right, I literally did not want to put this book down. I want to read and read and read and read until I'd finished the book just so that I knew what happened. I thought the writing was just perfect, jumping to and from characters so that you could see the story from everyone's point of view, with so many twists and turns it really was a great story with a completely shocking ending. I would definitely recommend reading this book, so thrilling and basically just amazing. Just make sure to allow a whole day to read the book in one go, I couldn't give up a whole day but wish I could have! 

The Maze Runner

by James Dashner

This was the book I just finished and I'm currently on the second one in the series and I just love it. I loved the films, saw both of them before reading the book and although I loved the films, I'm happy that I read the book afterwards because it was so much different and I feel like if I had read the books first the films wouldn't have been as good because I would have expected a lot more than we actually got. But apart from that I loved the book, it was just like I would expect, very fast paced, action packed and it really completely did hit the spot for a dystopian novel, and I literally can't wait to read all of the books, so I'm gonna power through them at high speeds, I can assure you! In the book I really felt that you got to know the characters, and I was completely in love with all of them anyway from the film, so that didn't matter! And one last thing about this book is that I'm also happy I watched the film first because it was easier to picture some of the things in the book, because sometimes my imagination will see something that couldn't be more opposite of what it's supposed to be. Would also definitely recommend this book, especially if you like The Hunger Games & the Divergent series... and no Chris before you say anything, they're not all the same!! 

A Gingerbread Café at Christmas

by Rebecca Raisin

 

This book is definitely 100% a lovely Christmas read. It has a warming quality about it and you can't help but love all of the characters and the town they live in, and it will make you want to open your own café and I think we could all use someone like CeeCee as a friend. At first I found the book a little hard to get into, I was at a stage of picking it up and putting it down, but then I don't know what happened cause as the story progressed I just got hooked. I wanted to know what happened between Lil and Joel, and what CeeCee was hiding, what Damon was up to and I just loved it. Reading this book at Christmas time honestly did make me feel so much more festive, when hearing about the decorations and the carol singing, and oh my, did this book make me hungry (do not read if on a diet haha!)... so much chocolate, cakes, and gingerbread. I think the thing I loved the most is that the book was split into I think three different stories, all set over the space of the year so you really could get a feel for the character development and seeing how much really can change in a year for the better. A lovely heartwarming Christmas read, I would recommend reading in December for the festivity factor but can really be read at any time of the year.

Girl Online

by Zoe Sugg

I've got to be honest, I love Zoe, I watch all of her videos, read her blog basically all the time when I'm not reading books of course, and I keep up to date with what she's doing on Twitter. A massive fangirl basically deffo not a stalker, promise! So when I heard that she was bringing out a book I was sooo looking forward to reading it. I fell in love it,  it was such a easy read for me and I could definitely relate to Penny and how she was feeling and what she was going through... and don't we all want a best friend like Elliot and boyfriend like Noah?!? *heart eyed emoji* The book was definitely a heart-warming read about what's it like to be a teenager coming of age, and I could honestly relate to all of the characters because we all had friends like that when we were at school, and it's lovely how Penny's family and her closest friends all get together to help and support her through her anxiety and er, her little embarrasing moment shall we say?! Also I really did find that Penny's blog posts all have underlying messages that would honestly help teenage girls in her position! Particularly the one about outgrowing friends because I know I can relate, it just happens sometimes! Girl Online is a funny and cute read that I would recommend, and I know it's been a while since this book came out but I love it and I've read it probably about three times, so ya know, it's up there.


So there we go, I just love reading and wanna share all of the books I read with everyone cause everyone should read them too, only if you want to though, I'm not gonna force ya! But seriously, every book I ever read I'll probs recommend because I love all books, for different reasons and I just wanted to use my blog to share them with you. But that's it for today, I'm off to go and read some more, maybe I'll finish The Scorch Trials before I have to start getting ready for my training tomorrow but then again probs not, wah!!


See you soon,
Danielle ♡


No comments:

Post a Comment