Monday, 1 February 2016

JANUARY FAVOURITES 2016


Hello everyone!

I survived my training last week and passed both of the exams (thank god!) and there will be another blog post coming on that soon, and a little skincare haul which will be up, hopefully soon! But then again you never can be too sure, so that's why I personally don't and probably will never stick to a post schedule and rather post as and when I want, or probably more realistically, as and when I can. I'm a busy bee, I am... but enjoy reading about some of my fave things from January only a day late! (and also can you actually believe it's February?! er hello, January? Where the bloody hell did you go?!)


1. Legend

I was sooo ready for this film to come out on DVD and I literally, physically couldn't not post it in my January faves! This was actually a present from Chris that he gave to me when I finished my training last week and I was gutted I couldn't watch it sooner so I watched it on Saturday and I just love it. Love Tom Hardy (who the bloody hell doesn't please?!?), love the film, I just love it and I really would recommend it to everyone to watch, it might not be everyone's cup of tea, I didn't think it would be mine but ever since I saw it in the cinema I have been waiting and waiting for it to come out on DVD and I finally have it, so just watch it because, I love it and you might love it too.

2. The Chocolate Bar eyeshadow pallete by Too Faced

I got this as a Christmas present from Abi and it also featured in my everyday make-up look, which you can read HERE, but this is honestly my go-to pallete, for literally every single look I could ever want to wear. I do wear this basically everyday and I just love it and can't wait to try more make-up from Too Faced! Also it's super easy to blend the colours together if you're lazy when it comes to doing your eyes, like me!

3. Environ AVST 3 Moisturiser

I have been using Environ for just under a year now (that's the training I've done that I keep banging on about) and literally this is the best moisturiser in the world. Like, I'm not even joking, I honestly would recommed this to anyone, but Environ are all professional products and you can't just by these off the shelf, you would have to get yourself down to a salon that sells Environ and have a consultation with an Environ trained therapist as not all of the products may be suited to you depending on what your concerns are and whether you have any contra-indications. But more on that in another blog post, haha I don't want to bore you too much in this blog post! Basically, I just love this moisturiser!

4. The Maze Runner Books

I just love reading and these books are honestly so good. Definitely much better than the films, but I do still love the films, (gonna watch Scorch Trials with Chris soon whilst eating a Nando's takeaway so I'm proper rushing this post! Haha, kidding... but really.) If you love reading and love the Hunger Games/Divergent type books, read these! I have been loving them and I am currently unable to put them down, which is a bit of a challenge at times! I also did a book review on the first book which you can read HERE. Don't know how many times I'll have to write this/say this/explain this but Chris, They. Are. Not. All. The. Same! Haha!!
5. Always Look On The Bright Side of Life Quote book (buy this here)

I got this from Oliver Bonas when I was having a little bit of a not-quite-a-quarter-life crisis. It's full of happy little quotes that are there to brighten your day, and this book was my life-saver last week when things got a little bit too much. Just a little day brightener and it's the perfect size to carry in your handbag/schoolbag and if you're having a bad day just have a little flick through and then feel reassured and a little bit happier.

6. Ted Baker Pink Body Spray (buy this here)

Now I don't actually have a perfume that I wear, ever since my old one (Prada Candy) ran out I just haven't been motivated to trawl through the perfume counters of Boots and Superdrug to find a scent that I like, I could buy Prada Candy again but then I'm not sure that was the scent. I picked this up on a bit of a whim from Boots and it was probably about £3.00, and I just love it. It's the perfect size for me to carry round in my bag and just have a little spritz throughout the day, and the scent is bloomin' gorgeous, and hey I'd say that was a pretty good bargain.

7. Mini Eggs

Pretty self explainitary, it's time. It's almost Easter. I love Chocolate. It's just time.

8. Benefit Porefessional, Benefit Roller Mascara and Carmex

Just gonna whack these altogether cause these have been my other make-up favourites this month (apart from the chocolate bar pallete). I literally also wear these everyday and they've become pretty much staples in my make-up bag. My face would not feel complete without this primer or this lipbalm and this mascara is pretty bloody good when you have literally zero curl on your lashes. Also can we just talk about how good Carmex makes your lips feel? And can we just talk about how my make-up stayed on for about 12 hours with the Porefessional primer on my first day of training?! Thankkks! I'm done talking here now.










9. The Revenant
This is definitely up there with my favourite films of 2016 already. I just really enjoyed it, and er hello? Who doesn't love Leonardo DiCaprio?? Also it was super nice to see Tom Hardy in this film too, haha!! But no let's get serious, this film was really good, it didn't hit me quite as hard in the feels as The Danish Girl (see below) but I definitely will watch it again. 























 10. The Danish Girl 

This is another one of my favourite films already this year. I absolutely loved this film as well. This film really hit me right in the feels, with great performances from Eddie Redmayne and Alicia Vikander, it really did put you into their shoes and it almost felt like you were watching it with them. I would 100% love to watch this again and can't wait to get it on DVD. Bloomin' outstanding.












And there ya have it! 10 things that I've been loving this January, I just still can't believe it's February already! Actually can't get over that, I just can't... but I'm sure it'll be Christmas before we know it, which is 100% a good thing because I still miss Christmas, booo!

Is there anything you've been lovin' especially this month?! Let me know! 

See you soon,
 Danielle ♡
Disclaimer: Nothing featured in this post has been sponsored but all views are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Ohh girl that chocolate palette looks GORGEOUS!! I also demolished a whole bag of mini eggs the other day (and I am proud of it too!!) you've got some great books here too!! I really want to read The Danish Girl!!
    Cannot believe it is February already ! That's crazy!!
    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only just saw your comment haha! and it's a beaut, I do wear it literally every day! And haha, you go girl, mini eggs are my fave!! I haven't read the Danish Girl but I've seen the film and I think I want to add the book to my never-ending list of books to read! Too many books, not enought time...

      And me neither, it's crazy!

      Danielle x

      Delete
  2. I love the photos on this post and I completely agree, the maze runner series are such a good set of books!x

    http://beesytimes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you girl! And omg, I literally can't even deal right now!! Have you read the books!?

      Danielle x

      Delete