Wednesday, 24 February 2016

MY FITNESS JOURNEY | The Beginning

As I sit here writing this post, I'm mega craving Creme Eggs.. oh the irony. Creme eggs, mini eggs, easter eggs, you name it and I'll want to eat it, it's just what the Easter season and seasonal chocolate does to me. But obvs not meant to eat those bad things on Slimming World, but it's deffo alright to eat them if I'm going to the gym right, amiright?! I am currently baking some banana and oatmeal cookies, so they're kinda healthy (??), but seriously craving Creme eggs, which is a brilliant introduction to a fitness post I know, but what can I say?!

I recently started going to the gym (shocker!!) and I don't have any excuse because where I work we're literally on the top floor of the gym, I have to walk through the gym to get to work, I mean it's not exactly like I have to go out of my way.. it's only taken me a year to realise this! And I do eat pretty well already... about ten million pieces of fruit and veg a week thanks to all of mum's proper healthy dinners. Basically the only downside is that I do have a KitKat for breakfast sometimes, because I don't like toast in the morning, cereal or porridge really, what's a girl to do?!

But I really really really want to get fit. You know when you're running up the stairs and struggling to get your breath back once you're at the top? I'm a bit like that and I wanna change it, for real. Also I want to lose those extra pounds and get fit at the same time.



 On Monday me and my friend, Claudia did a spin class. I actually did spinning again. I had done it once before, but that was for charity and me and the other work ladies took it in turns and spread two hours out between us and I swore I would never do it again. But this one was a whole 45 minutes. It was fun, hardwork and oh my god the sweat... but it was a great workout, I basically looked like GiGi Hadid afterwards... well maybe not quite but you get the general idea. And I deffo burnt about five million calories, err maybe...

That was two days ago and my legs are starting to feel it properly now. The first time is obviously always the hardest with anything you try out, but if you've never done a spin class before and want to sign up, your bum will really hurt afterwards and you will struggle to sit down and your legs/arms/whole body will ache - the bike saddle is not your friend.

Unless you buy padded shorts/leggings but that means commitment.

I don't think I'll be doing spin for a little while, it definitely was hard work and it was hard on my wrists and I'm not sure that it should have been, but I might just have dodgy wrists or something or literally zero upper body strength. But since I can't work for the next week or so, I can't go to the gym or partake in any classes. Bummer, I know haha, jokes... hello sofa! As soon as I'm back, I'm gonna get onit, probs. I might start doing spinning regularly, would need to buy some padded shorts first though if that's ever gonna happen!

I also bought some shiny new clothes from the H&M sportswear range, and you can shop the collection HERE. Because I'm not working this week I haven't really left the house, I've been wearing my gym clothes because they are super comfy and make me feel motivated and want to get things done .#girlpower

 Top // Sports Bra // Jacket // Tights

Next payday, hello running trainers!

Chris and I went running - I think it was last week?! Just around his village, obvs couldn't run too much so I had to walk a bit of it, and I tried to do 90 seconds walking, 60 seconds running like the Couch to 5K app says for the first week of the nine week period, guess who'll be running a 5K soon, hah. But I don't have proper running shoes, so my shins were hurting for a bit afterwards and when I went running on the treadmills the other day I could feel it so bad. So I'm gonna invest in some decent running trainers... anyone got some running shoes that they LOVE and would recommend to everyone?! Drop a girl a comment!

I want to get fit, and I'm gonna eat properly and I am gonna be healthy... just as soon as these banana and oatmeal cookies are gone and possibly when Easter's gone and there's no more eggs of any chocolate variety in the shops. But seriously, I'm gonna do it. 

If you do see me buying unhealthy things or eating them I give you full permission to smack said unhealthy thing out of my hands and then chase me so I fear for my life and then have to run away from you.

I'll keep you updated, promise.

See you soon,
 Danielle ♡ 

P.S The banana and oatmeal cookies and banana muffies are soooo tasty! Probs quite healthy too, so there's that.

Snapchat me! ♥ danibrund

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh good luck with the healthy lifestyle !!! I love that you've prepared yourself - i definitely want to get healthier too - I did SO well in summer - but then it started getting cold .. Then it was Christmas .. Hahaha yep I went downhill!! This may have been my motivation to get back into it! Thanks for the post lovely !
    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    Xx

    ReplyDelete